Our Mission Statement: Sand Rock School seeks to provide a quality education for all students that will equip the learner with knowledge and skills necessary for lifelong learning, future employment, and participation in society.
Home of the Wildcats!
11/29, Basketball JrH vs. Litchfield (Home) @ 5:00 pm
11/30, Basketball VG/VB vs. Fyffe (Home) @ 4:00 pm
11/30, Basketball JrH vs. Glencoe (Away) @ 5:00 pm
12/2-4 Basketball VG/VB Biloxi, MS Tournament
12/6, Cheer State Competition
12/6, Basketball VG/VB vs. Gaston (Home) @ 5:00 pm
12/6, Basketball JrH vs. Fyffe (Away) @ 5:00 pm
12/9, Basketball VG/VB vs. Sylvania (Home) @ 4:00 pm
12/9, Basketball JrH vs. Litchfield (Away) @ 5:00 pm
12/11, Basketball JrH Cherokee Cnty Tourn @ SG TBA
12/13, Basketball, JrH vs. Gaylesville (Away) @ 5:00 pm
12/14, Basketball VG/VB vs. Spring Garden (Away) @ 5:00 pm
12/15, Family Market Free Groceries (New Gym) 1:30-3:00 pm
12/16-17, High School Final Exams
12/16, Basketball VG/VB vs. Westbrook (Home) @ 4:00 pm
12/16, Basketball JrH vs. Centre (Away) @ 5:00 pm
12/17-21, Basketball VG/VB Cherokee Holiday Inv. (GSCC Arena) TBA
12/20-1/5, Christmas Break - School Closed
12/20, Basketball JrH vs. Westbrook (Away) @ 5:00 pm
12/27-30, Basketball VG/VB Supreme Courts (Guntersville) TBA
Title 1 Parent Info
If you need information:
Our phone number is (256) 927-1735 & below are the primary extensions:
High School Main Office: 920 Grades 3 - 6 Office: 922 Grades K - 2 Office: 914 High School Counselor: 916 K - 6 Counselor: 918
Prom tickets are on sale now through February 7th.
Place: The Coal & Iron Building
500 Gault Ave N, Fort Payne, AL
Date: April 9, 2022
Cost: $60 Each (Includes Venue, Food, Shirt & Glass)
Teacher Day on January 5th.
Students Return on January 6th.
C/O 2022 Information
Remind Messages: Sign up for senior Remind messages by texting @srsco2022 to 81010.
Senior Fees: Payable to Mrs. Smith
$75 Includes Diploma & Cap/Gown
(Due by 1/31/22)
Senior Walk - TBA
Baccalaureate: Sunday, May 22, 2022
Graduation Practice: TBA
Graduation: May 27, 2022 @ 7:00 PM
Senior Yearbook Ad Prices Below:
1/4 of a Page in the Yearbook - $40 w/1 picture
1/2 of a Page in the Yearbook - $65 w/3 pictures
Full Page in the Yearbook - $125 w/ 6 pictures
3 Picture Options:
1. You can email pictures to email@example.com
2. Send a Flash Drive with pictures.
3. Send actual pictures and we will scan and return.
November Star Students
Congratulations to our November Star Students:
12th Grade - Lexi Todd (Not Pictured)
11th Grade - Brian Giles
10th Grade - Wyatt Dement (Not Pictured)
9th Grade - Ana Salazar
8th Grade - Kaegan Cash
7th Grade - Jonas Browder
Beginning September 27, 2021 masks will be encouraged for indoor activities, but not required. Masks will continue to be required for school buses until further notice.
Any school reaching a 10% threshold of quarantines will return to required masks. All other COVID mitigation strategies remain in place.
(Click here for more information)
CCS 2021-22 Back to School Guidance
1. Cherokee County Schools expects all students to return to in-person learning for the 2021-2022 school year.
2. Masking is required for all individuals while indoors. Students at least 3 feet apart in the classroom will not have to quarantine IF BOTH students are wearing masks properly.
3. Masking is required for passengers and drivers on school buses.
4. Vaccinations are encouraged for faculty, staff, and students who are eligible. Vaccinated individuals identified as a close contact will not have to quarantine as long as they are not showing symptoms.
5. Proper social distancing of six feet should be maintained whenever possible. ADPH considers an individual a close contact if they are within six feet of a positive COVID person for at least 15 minutes.
6. Individuals who are COVID positive must quarantine per ADPH guidelines.
7. All students and staff who have symptoms of COVID should remain at home and consult their health care providers.
8. At this time, there are no restrictions on attendance at extracurricular activities.
9. Please recognize and remember that COVID remains a threat outside of the school setting. Vaccinations, face coverings, social distancing, and proper hygiene are the best tools to combat this pandemic in all areas of our society.
10. Cherokee County Schools may modify this guidance as warranted by conditions or further guidance from the State Department of Education, ADPH, and/or the CDC.
Exciting News Wildcat Fans! We are now a part of the NFHS Network so you will be able to watch our games LIVE over the internet!
This will only be for basketball, football and volleyball games at this time. It does have a subscription fee to join but a part of that fee comes back directly to our sports programs and the rest is split between the AHSAA and NFHS.
Please select Sand Rock as the school you want to support when you sign up.
CHEROKEE COUNTY SCHOOLS TO PROVIDE MEALS TO THOSE 18 AND UNDER AT NO COST FOR 2021-22 SY
Cherokee County Schools will be using a waiver granted by the USDA to provide breakfast and lunch meals at no cost to those 18 and under for the 2021-2022 school year. If you think you qualify for free or reduced meal benefits and have not submitted your online or paper meal application, please do so as soon as possible so that the proper eligibility status will be on file should the waiver not be extended and so that our percentages of free and reduced students are accurate. Throughout the pandemic, P-EBT cards have been sent out to households receiving free and reduced meals from DHR and you must have a current application on file to qualify for future benefits, so get those paper or online applications in!
There are 2 forms to choose from:
Returning Student Form - for all returning students and incoming kindergarten students who attended PreK in Cherokee County School. You must have a snapcode to complete the returning student form. Be on the lookout for an email or mailed letter containing your child's snapcode.
New Student Form - for brand new students who have not attended school in Cherokee County. Do not complete this form if your child has attended school with us before.
Please click here for the attached document to access the links and to read more information.
Parents, (Especially 3-6 Grade & HS)
Please remember to send your child with a refillable water bottle each day to school. We are currently out of extra bottled waters.
We are waiting for water dispensers to be installed.
Donations for water are accepted and appreciated.
Thanks for your help!