The goal of Sand Rock School is to create lifelong learners who possess the skills, confidence and knowledge to meet the challenges of school and life from kindergarten through college and beyond.
Parent Access to the Sand Rock Library Inventory
Sand Rock Library Inventory
This link allows parents to access the Sand Rock School Library Inventory. Contact the school office or library for login information.
New Student Registration Information
July 27, 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM
K-6: Middle School Building (3-6)
7-12: High School Building
Students who are new to the Cherokee County School System are required to enroll with their parents or legal guardian. Admission to public schools shall be considered on an individual basis based on the application of the
parent/legal guardian of the child to the local board of education at the beginning of each school year, under such rules and regulations as the board may prescribe. To enroll in a Cherokee County School, the following items must be presented to the school principal or his/her designee:
- Immunization Records
- Social security card or temporary identification number assigned by district office. If you elect not to provide a SSN, a temporary identification number will be generated and utilized instead. Your child’s SSN is being requested for use in conjunction with enrollment in school as provided in Ala. Admin. Code 290-3-1-.02(2)(b)(2). It will be used as a means of identification in the statewide student management system.
- Domestic or foreign birth certificate in order to verify age. If a valid birth certificate is not presented, an alternate form of documentation such as religious, hospital or physician’s certificate, adoption record, previously verified school record or other alternative form of documentation may be used to verify age.
- Proof of Residence (two utility bills in legal custodial/guardian name)
- Previous School Records (report card, disciplinary status, etc.)
- Evidence of Parenthood or Legal Guardianship
School Supply Lists
Kindergarten Supply List (PDF)
1st Grade Supply List (PDF)
2nd Grade Supply List (PDF)
3rd Supply List (PDF)
4th Grade Supply List (PDF)
5th Grade Supply List (PDF)
6th Supply List (PDF)
Grades 7-12: Please bring paper, pencil, and pen on the first day. Additional supply needs will be given out based on the student schedules.
Important Dates to Remember
August 9 Students’ First Day
August 14th-31 STAR Benchmark Assessment
September 4 Labor Day Holiday
September 7 Progress Reports
Click on Link to View